Two associations Društvo Medkulturni Dialog and ADRA Slovenija were together again to celebrate World International Women’s Day.
We are also very happy that we did this workshop and celebration activities under our new project “BODE – Brez Ovir Do Enakosti” which means “No Barriers to Equality” as a fruit of our previous cooperation.
Shortly about our project, in this project, we are going to focus on advocacy by migrants and refugees in Slovenia. As a result of the project, we expect more migrants and refugees to know their rights and to be more active to require and get them in a proper way. Of course consequently to see them more active in social life and society.
Shortly about our activity:
- We started our day at around 10:00 and we had a short lecture on the history and the importance of World International Women’s Day.
- We continued with homemade desserts, pastries, and salads that our ladies brought to the workshop and get to know each other better.
- Then we started our workshop and prepared lovely handmade bookmarks and cute key chains.
- We were around 15 of us in the workshop from Slovenia and Turkey. Then we went for a walk altogether and distributed the flowers and our handmade products to the women in Tivoli park to remind them of the 8 of March and make them happy.
- As a result, we spent very interactive times, we spoke 4 hours of Slovenian language, we learned about the importance of the rights and importance of women in our societies, we produced very lovely products and made a lovely smile on some women’s faces.
- Thank you for your cooperation ADRA Slovenija.
- Happy International Women’s Day to all women and especially those who still do not have their basic rights and position in their societies.
You can also watch our short video about the event.
The activity has been executed as a part of the project “Brez Ovir do Enakosti”(BODE).
The project is funded by the Active Citizens Fund in Slovenia from March 2022 – to November 2022.