New Faces of Slovenia
Project New Faces of Slovenia is a part of another project entitled Brez Ovir Do Enakosti (BODE), which means “No Barriers to Equality.” It is a fruit of cooperation with humanitarian organization ADRA Slovenia. and is funded by the Active Citizens Fund in Slovenia. In this project we are focusing on the advocacy of migrants’ and refugees’ rights in Slovenia.
The most important 3 targets of the project are:
- Increase ability to advocate (self-advocacy)of individuals from the migrant and refugee community.
- Gain access to the rights that affect their quality of life.
- Improve language skills of migrants and refugees in terms of advocacy.
What are the main problems for migrants and refugees in Slovenia?
- DISCRIMINATION: The biggest problem in society is that migrants and refugees experience unequal treatment, social injustice, stigmatization, and discrimination. They want to be able to fight against it on their own.
- Lack of Competences: The implementation of these initiatives lacks competence in strategically oriented advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Lack of Language Skills: The vulnerable group lacks language skills, knowledge of professional terminology, media tools, and correct ways of expression in the field of advocacy.
- Knowledge of the Rights of the Migrants: Migrants lack accessible and comprehensible information in this area to help them defend and assert their rights and achieve more social justice.
New Faces of Slovenia – STORY OF WAFA FROM PALESTINE
9. True story ‘Creating a quality Slovenian language teaching program is definitely the best way to support migrants and refugees to…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – STORY OF SVETLANA FROM UKRAINE
8. The Real Story ‘I came here as a professional volleyball player for the Slovenian national team. However, I have witnessed…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – STORY OF ABAS FROM IRAN
7. The real story: ‘There is a need for better quality education for immigrant families and people with permanent residence in…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 6. Story of Clevis from Albania
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 6. True story: “Slovenians can learn a lot about new cultures and other interesting things from…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 5. Story of Adem from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Researcher Adem from Bosnia and Herzegovina True story: “I left my country for my career because I wanted to learn as…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 4. Story of Melissa from South America
“The biggest challenge was the lack of opportunities to show my skills, I was not treated equally and I was often…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 3. Story of Yaser from Afghanistan
True story: “I have managed to publish five scientific papers in reputable international journals and Slovenian journals.” 34 years old Yaser…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 2. Story of Miryam from Peru
True story: ‘”Anything is possible because with a positive attitude and determination we can achieve our goals. Support from society is…
NEW FACES OF SLOVENIA – 1. Story of Mehmet from Turkey
True story: “I searched and made use of every opportunity, and then I finally made it” (Mehmet from Turkey, 38 years…