Last week as Društvo Medkulturni Dialog we were invited to talk about our “Let’s Pop the Bubbles” project in the program where the most outstanding EU projects of the year were introduced in Slovenia, which was organized by CNVOS.
The program was open to public participation. It was held in the conference room of Hotel Celica last Wednesday
nd of June.
There were also journalists from a few Slovenian important newspapers in the program.
After the short meeting with Ms. Polona from the Delo newspaper after the program, our project was also published as news in the Delo newspaper today.
We recommend everyone who has the time to read it, but let me briefly summarize what we talked about in the program and after.
1. Reservations and prejudices towards foreigners and especially Muslims in Slovenian society,
2. For the purpose of our project,
3. What we have done so far in our project,
4. About our upcoming 4 days intercultural& and inter-religious dialogue camp, which will be in Celje and attended by people from Slovenian and Turkish families,
5. Problems experienced by foreigners and refugees in Slovenian society,
6. Lastly we have stated that we primarily seek assistance and cooperation from the state and other non-governmental organizations, especially in topics of Slovenian language courses for foreigners and in the integration and employment of foreigners in Slovenian society.
You can read the article from the link below.
Thank you CNVOS for organizing the event,
Thank you DELO for publishing the news about our project,
And special thanks to Social Academy from Ljubljana, Mangfoldhuset from Norway, and Župnija Stara Loka from Škofja Loka for executing the project with us.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 “𝑷𝒐č𝒊𝒎𝒐 𝑴𝒆𝒉𝒖𝒓č𝒌𝒆/𝑳𝒆𝒕’𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒑 𝑼𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒖𝒃𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔” 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑪𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝑭𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 – 𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐.